I want to give a big high-five and thank you to you, my readers and pretty much everyone in the blogging community. This is my 100th post (woohoo!) today – and I want to acknowledge that the encouragement that I get from visits, likes and comments on my posts is constantly giving me a boost to continue.
Two other massive votes of encouragement landed in my inbox on the same day not that long ago. The Super Sweet Blogging Award came from The Retiring Sort and shortly after the One Lovely Blog Award came from Shaanthz at Healthcare Updates – both are blogs that I subscribe to and admire so it is a great honour to be acknowledged in this way by these two bloggers. Thank you both sincerely from the bottom of my heart.
Here are the requirements for accepting these awards:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and share a link to that blog – Done!
2) Attach the award icons to your site – Done!
3) Share about yourself – the One Lovely Blog Award asks for 7 random bits of information about me:
- I often wake up with a sore ear from sleeping like a rock on one side.
- I never go a day without access to the internet.
- I can’t decide if my favourite possession is my smartphone, my laptop, my e-reader or my camera.
- Chopping onions makes me sneeze but doesn’t make me cry.
- I’m not a Goth but a large proportion of my wardrobe is black and I like it that way.
- When I go to the hairdresser I tell her to just do whatever she wants to.
- If I could afford it I would get a massage every day.
The Super Sweet Blogging Award asks:
- Cookie or cake? Cookie usually.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? That depends on chocolate or vanilla what? Chocolate cake, vanilla ice-cream, chocolate milkshake, vanilla coffee, chocolate biscuit, vanilla umm… OK chocolate wins.
- What is your favorite sweet treat? Any of my mum’s delicacies from my childhood but pecan pie is probably the winner.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? When I’m feeling unwell. And after I’ve already had something sweet, so I try not to have anything sweet until
after dinner, midday, for breakfast.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? My other half calls me pumpkin, which I choose to associate with the dessert pumpkin pie.
4) Pay it forward by nominating other blogs to receive these awards.
Super Sweet Blogging Award Nominees (A baker’s dozen – 13!):
- Light Words – photographs and poetry
- Inside the Mind of Isadora – Thoughtful prose and comment on life
- A Year in the Life – photography and travel
- The Urge to Wander – photography and travel
- Beyond the Brush – photography, travel and art
- My Sweet Painted Dreams – travel, food, photography and Star the cat
- Life PortOfolio – art, photography, comment on life
- Thrifty Finn – creativity and photography from Finland
- The Third Eye World – photography and travel
- A New Day – photography and living with illness
- Les Petits Pas de Juls – photography and travel
- Lucid Gypsy – photography and prose
- 1001 Scribbles – photography and travel
One Lovely Blog Award Nominees (seven):
- Patricia D Drury – daily posts with great photographs and positive thoughts
- Ohm Sweet Ohm – photos and stories from the Golden Gate Bridge
- Canoe Communications – arts, photography, travel, a bit of everything
- Hamburg und Mee(h)r – photography and life
- Wanderings of an Elusive Mind – stories of everyday life
- I used to be indecisive… – travel, photography, comment on life
- Inspiration Import – art, poetry, prose, comment
Please do visit all of these great blogs, and have yourself a fabulous day.
P.S. I’ve made a few changes around the Rainbow Bakery lately, what do you think?