Is your refrigerator, organized or a mess inside? I’d say it is pretty organised. I always have all my vegies in the crisper section at the bottom and eggs in the little holes in the fridge door. The other shelves don’t have particular roles, apart from the wine-rack type thing for bottles, but I do tend to group similar items together such as jams, sauces and condiments on various shelves.
If you could be famous for one thing, what would it be? My delicious dahl, which I don’t think I have any photos of but here is the incredibly easy one-pot recipe for you:
- Fry up some diced onions, with optional chilli flakes
- Optional: add bacon and/or chicken pieces to the pot, cook until they brown up
- Add a teaspoon each of minced garlic and ginger
- Add about 100g per person of red lentils, make sure they have been rinsed well first
- Add twice as much water and wait until it boils
- Add 1/2 tin chopped tomatoes per person (ish) and any seasonings you wish, we use oregano, ground cumin seeds & ground coriander seeds along with salt & pepper to taste
- Let it simmer for about half an hour or until the lentils lose are properly cooked
- Note that you can add more water depending on your preferences and if it is cooking too quickly. I like it to end up really thick so I never add more water
What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? See the Chicago Bean in person.
Where do you eat breakfast? Right here in front of my computer.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? I’m grateful for being able to spend time with my family. Next week I’m looking forward to being a guest at the wedding of two of our friends and having a mini-getaway with my other half as the wedding is out of town.
To see more answers click on the button below.
That recipe sounds really good, I will have to try it out.
Don’t forget to rinse the lentils really well, otherwise you will get a tummy ache
I think many of us eat breakfast in front of the computer – it is a GREAT way to read blogs. (Guess what I am doing now 🙂 )
The Chicago Bean would be super cool to see in person. Thanks for playing.
Thanks for the questions Cee
So many people spend their breakfast time at the computer. WOW.
It’s a way of life Jo